Hope'08 lend a hand to paint Sidmouth Guide HQ
VOLUNTEERS rolled up their sleeves, donned overalls and gave up a Saturday to give Sidmouth s Guide Headquarters a coat of paint last weekend.
VOLUNTEERS rolled up their sleeves, donned overalls and gave up a Saturday to give Sidmouth's Guide Headquarters a coat of paint last weekend.
Members of the Hope'08 group, which operates under the auspices of Churches Together in Sidmouth (CTIS), continue to endeavour in community work in the town and their efforts in painting the HQ, in Lawn Vista, were very welcome.
Jane Bell, Chairman of the HQ management committee, said: "It means a lot. We have to keep the building in good repair and for a group to come along out of the blue and do the work for us was unexpected and much appreciated."
"It all costs so much money these days which we haven't got. It is wonderful work, showing the community that the church is there helping people. It was all dependent on the weather but it was glorious and just right for painting."
You may also want to watch:
The Guide HQ is home to the town's Guides, Brownies and Rangers and hosts other groups such as the Beavers and Sidmouth Steppers.
CTIS events-coordinator Mike Edgecumbe hopes the group can return ang give the building a second coat in the near future and is on the lookout for more volunteers.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
Anyone wishing to help can contact Mr Edgecumbe on (01395) 512511.