Horticultural show schedule to be revealed
- Credit: Archant
Keen bakers, growers and knitters will be able to find out what they need to do to triumph in this year’s Sid Valley Horticultural Society show from this weekend.
The schedule for the 88th annual gardening and craft show will be available at the society’s coffee morning on Saturday, March 12, in Sidford Social Hall.
The morning, which will run from 10am to noon, is also a fundraiser for the group ahead of August’s event.
The show received more than 1,000 entries last year in a variety of classes including flowers, vegetables, baking and tailor-made competitions, from young people to a men’s only class.
Chairman of the society, Maureen Britton, and show secretary Beryl Kingman said they are looking to bring on board new committee members in the run-up to the society’s 90th anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen said: “We were going to retire this year, but we did not want to lose the show.
“We are looking for some people to join our committee to do something. They can shadow us.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
“It’s worth doing - it gives the people more of a community spirit when they can do things together.”
The closing date for entries will be 5pm on Monday, August 1. The show will be held at Sidford Sports Field on Saturday, August 6, with admission from 2pm.