Hospiscare lottery to undergo major re-branding
Sidmouth Hospiscare shop one of 18 to sell charity’s lottery tickets
HOSPISCARE, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, has a new man to spearhead a major re-branding of the charity’s lottery.
Chris Routley, pictured below, has brought more than 20 years retail management experience to his new role as Hospiscare’s lottery manager.
He said: “The lottery is a great product for a great local cause but it was clear to me that modernisation was needed.
“When I joined the charity, you could only sign up as a regular player by post. My first task was to secure a remote licence so people can now sign up with one, quick phone call.”
You may also want to watch:
Now, in 2012, the next step is to provide sign-up online for supporters.
Chris’s new look re-branding for the lottery, ties in with the charity’s 30th anniversary celebration to give it a big push during the year.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
Chris said: “It’s an excellent platform for Hospiscare. My goal is very clearly to find the most efficient and cost-effective way to encourage more players to support a lottery, which not only offers a fabulous prize, but which is also raising vital funds for local patients and their families.”
A weekly top prize of �1,000 is offered, and has been won by supporters from the Sid Valley.
Currently the lottery has 9,000 players, and more than �282,000 was made last year for the charity.
Sidmouth’s Hospiscare shop is one of 18 selling lottery tickets, or you can call (01392) 688025 email firstname.lastname@example.org.