Hospiscare lottery to undergo major re-branding
Sidmouth Hospiscare shop one of 18 to sell charity’s lottery tickets
HOSPISCARE, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, has a new man to spearhead a major re-branding of the charity’s lottery.
Chris Routley, pictured below, has brought more than 20 years retail management experience to his new role as Hospiscare’s lottery manager.
He said: “The lottery is a great product for a great local cause but it was clear to me that modernisation was needed.
“When I joined the charity, you could only sign up as a regular player by post. My first task was to secure a remote licence so people can now sign up with one, quick phone call.”
You may also want to watch:
Now, in 2012, the next step is to provide sign-up online for supporters.
Chris’s new look re-branding for the lottery, ties in with the charity’s 30th anniversary celebration to give it a big push during the year.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
Chris said: “It’s an excellent platform for Hospiscare. My goal is very clearly to find the most efficient and cost-effective way to encourage more players to support a lottery, which not only offers a fabulous prize, but which is also raising vital funds for local patients and their families.”
A weekly top prize of �1,000 is offered, and has been won by supporters from the Sid Valley.
Currently the lottery has 9,000 players, and more than �282,000 was made last year for the charity.
Sidmouth’s Hospiscare shop is one of 18 selling lottery tickets, or you can call (01392) 688025 email firstname.lastname@example.org.