Hospiscare to benefit from sunflower crop and other news
ospiscare will benefit from a bumper crop of sunflowers grown at Topsham’s Darts Farm. Read this and more.
BOOK SALE: Proceeds from The Lions Great Book Sale, at St John Hall in Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth, next Saturday, August 25, will boost charities.
The event will take place from 9.30am to noon.
Lions ladies will once again be selling cakes and coffee to raise funds for good causes.
FETE FUN: A fete and car boot sale at Newton Poppleford’s playing fields tomorrow (Saturday, August 18) will boost the village’s carnival committee.
The event begins at 2.30pm and will feature stalls, face painting and a tombola.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
CROP CASH: Hospiscare will benefit from a bumper crop of sunflowers grown at Topsham’s Darts Farm.
Visitors will be able to select bunches from the shop picked by volunteers, or go out into the field and pick their own, in return for a donation to the charity.
The event runs every day during August until the flowers are gone.
DOG TRACKING: The district council’s dog warden will be offering free micro chips to local dog owners on Thursday, August 30 at Honiton Agricultural Show.
CRAFTY: An arts and crafts fair will take place in St John Hall, Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth, from 10am to 4pm, tomorrow (August 18).
There will be vintage and kitchen wear, jewellery, jams and chutneys. Entry is free.