Hospiscare to benefit from sunflower crop and other news
ospiscare will benefit from a bumper crop of sunflowers grown at Topsham’s Darts Farm. Read this and more.
BOOK SALE: Proceeds from The Lions Great Book Sale, at St John Hall in Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth, next Saturday, August 25, will boost charities.
The event will take place from 9.30am to noon.
Lions ladies will once again be selling cakes and coffee to raise funds for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
FETE FUN: A fete and car boot sale at Newton Poppleford’s playing fields tomorrow (Saturday, August 18) will boost the village’s carnival committee.
The event begins at 2.30pm and will feature stalls, face painting and a tombola.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
CROP CASH: Hospiscare will benefit from a bumper crop of sunflowers grown at Topsham’s Darts Farm.
Visitors will be able to select bunches from the shop picked by volunteers, or go out into the field and pick their own, in return for a donation to the charity.
The event runs every day during August until the flowers are gone.
DOG TRACKING: The district council’s dog warden will be offering free micro chips to local dog owners on Thursday, August 30 at Honiton Agricultural Show.
CRAFTY: An arts and crafts fair will take place in St John Hall, Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth, from 10am to 4pm, tomorrow (August 18).
There will be vintage and kitchen wear, jewellery, jams and chutneys. Entry is free.