Hospital Flag Day success in Sidmouth and other news
Flag Day collection raises �797. Read this and more.
ROTARY HOPE: The Rotary Club of Sid Valley is looking for financial support towards the set up and running costs of a planned summer fair.
The group hopes the event can take place on Saturday, July 28, and will raise money for the FORCE cancer charity and other causes.
Rotarians hope donations from �15 to �50 can be made.
A successful event in 2011 boosted Children’s Hospice South West and the Bramble Ward at the Royal Devon ad Exeter Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
To help e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
HOMES APPROVED: Plans to turn an existing commercial building – Sidford Law Centre – into two self-contained flats have been approved.
The Church Street premises will be converted into a pair of one-bedroom dwellings after East Devon District Council (EDDC) granted the bid planning permission.
HOSPITAL BOOST: Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund has pointed out that a Flag Day Collection in Sidmouth on June 15 raised �797 for the cause.
POLICE PLEDGE: The leader of East Devon District Council (EDDC) says its bosses will ‘play their part’ in holding the police to account after a new Police and Crime Commissioner is elected in November.
The PCC will replace the existing Police Authority and will be supported by a Police and Crime Panel. The panel will be made up of elected councillors from every council in the force area. This panel will act as the ‘scrutiny committee’ and will hold the PCC to account.