Hospital Flag Day success in Sidmouth and other news
Flag Day collection raises �797. Read this and more.
ROTARY HOPE: The Rotary Club of Sid Valley is looking for financial support towards the set up and running costs of a planned summer fair.
The group hopes the event can take place on Saturday, July 28, and will raise money for the FORCE cancer charity and other causes.
Rotarians hope donations from �15 to �50 can be made.
A successful event in 2011 boosted Children’s Hospice South West and the Bramble Ward at the Royal Devon ad Exeter Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
To help e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
HOMES APPROVED: Plans to turn an existing commercial building – Sidford Law Centre – into two self-contained flats have been approved.
The Church Street premises will be converted into a pair of one-bedroom dwellings after East Devon District Council (EDDC) granted the bid planning permission.
HOSPITAL BOOST: Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund has pointed out that a Flag Day Collection in Sidmouth on June 15 raised �797 for the cause.
POLICE PLEDGE: The leader of East Devon District Council (EDDC) says its bosses will ‘play their part’ in holding the police to account after a new Police and Crime Commissioner is elected in November.
The PCC will replace the existing Police Authority and will be supported by a Police and Crime Panel. The panel will be made up of elected councillors from every council in the force area. This panel will act as the ‘scrutiny committee’ and will hold the PCC to account.