Housing representative plea
COUNCIL tenants and leaseholders in the Sidmouth area have been invited to stand for election to the committee that oversees the local authority’s landlord functions.
COUNCIL tenants and leaseholders in the Sidmouth area have been invited to stand for election for the committee that oversees the local authority’s landlord functions.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) wants eligible residents to put themselves forward for selection on its Housing Review Board.
The board is made up of five district councillors, five tenants and two representatives from the wider community- each serving for a term of three years.
Members meet at least four times a year, in the evening, to consider issues such as monitoring of performance, promoting good practice and overseeing improvements to the housing service- including the promotion of tenant involvement.
You may also want to watch:
There would also be the chance to sit on short term sub-committees that deal with specific issues such as parking on the council’s estates, service restructuring or property re-let times, said EDDC this week.
“This is a voluntary role and needs members who are fairly confident, can say their piece in a constructive way, can work with others, understand services and priorities for tenants and who are willing to undertake some training to equip them more fully for this challenging and crucial role,” said a council spokesperson.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, March 1.
Anyone interested can contact Jane Reading, tenant participation officer, on (01395) 51655, extension 2236, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.