Sidmouth celebrates World Book Day 2019
- Credit: Archant
Why not try our World Book Day quiz while you glance through our gallery?
Popular fictional characters have been brought to life across the Sid Valley today in honour of World Book Day.
Children from as young as 11 months have dressed up as their favourite heroes, heroines and creatures for the annual event, celebrated in schools across the country.
Witches, wizards, Gruffalo and dragons are just some of the many costumes that have been worn today to mark the 22nd annual World Book Day.
The event was started to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and offered the opportunity to pick up a book of their own.
You may also want to watch:
In honour of the special day, try our quiz and look at our gallery of pictures.
World you like to see your picture here? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98