Support Sidmouth Lifeboat by buying their 2021 calendar
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s independent lifeboat team are appealing for the public to support them, by buying their 2021 calendar by mail order.
The calendars were printed just a few weeks before lockdown began and the shop at the lifeboat station had to shut down.
Sidmouth Lifeboat spokesman Charli Ferrand said:
“As many residents will know, the small shop in the lifeboat station at the eastern end of the Esplanade plays a vital role in raising funds to help keep Sidmouth’s independent lifeboat in service.
“In common with most businesses in the town, the shop is presently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
“The cramped space in the shop, which makes social distancing impossible, coupled with the mature age of the volunteers who staff the shop, means that it is unlikely to re-open this year.”
The calendar is a collection of photos of the lifeboat crew out on the water. The pictures were taken during training sessions and actual callouts; some by professional photographer and crew member Kyle Baker, others by support team member and amateur photographer Chris Pettit, and Mark Diffey, the son of a member of the support team, who is also a keen photographer.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
Charli said: “They include unique shots of the Arctic 24 lifeboat and rescue ski on the water, in front of the beach and by the beautiful cliffs that surround the town.
“With the photography capturing stunning images of beautiful Sidmouth in different lights throughout the day, the calendar is a must-have for anyone who loves our little town.”
Sidmouth Lifeboat is funded entirely by donations from the community in and around the Sid Valley, and from supporters further afield. Many local people support the crew by buying a Sidmouth Lifeboat Calendar each year.
All the money raised is used to keep the boats and rescue ski maintained and the crew trained and equipped.
During the Covid-19 lockdown, the crew have remained on call, although training sessions were suspended.
The calendars are available to order for £7, including postage.
To pay by cheque or BACS, email email@example.com with the subject ‘Sidmouth Lifeboat Calendar’ giving your name, address and phone number, and indicating how you would like to pay.
To pay by card, visit the Kyle Baker Photography website