Hundreds helped by Sid Valley HELP during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people in self-isolation have received vital support, thanks to Sid Valley HELP.
Since the charity launched its volunteer scheme six weeks ago, it has received nearly 300 phone calls and has helped 253 individuals in 223 households, often on many occasions.
There have been 156 prescription requests, many requiring multiple collections, and 84 people have needed help with shopping.
The numbers of requests for transport and telephone befriending remain low, but are slowly increasing.
In a message to volunteers, Di Fuller, of Sid Valley HELP, said: “Sid Valley HELP and Sidmouth Town Council are very grateful for what you do and the extra care that you take in making sure that the person you are supporting is OK.
You may also want to watch:
“You may be the only person that they see or speak to that day. Some of the people we are helping have complicated lives and need additional help to what we can offer.
“Please let me know when you think someone is struggling.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
Visit www.sidvalleyhelp.co.uk for more information.