Hundreds of hearts handed out in Sidmouth on Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Hearts were set aflutter after members of All Saints Church took to the streets to share the love on Valentine’s Day.
Members made hundreds of hand-crafted hearts from biscuits, clay, crochet and fabric ahead of the special day which each come with a little individual message.
On Tuesday, volunteers braved the rain to hand them out in the town. Passersby called the idea ‘wonderful’ and thanked the helpers for brightening up their day.
Resident Nadine Howe said: “This made my children’s day. We were walking through the market square like drowned rats! They are now hanging in their bedrooms- such a kind and lovely idea.”
The church ran a similar successful event last year and decided to repeat it to spread a little joy on the most romantic day of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Kirsty Hammond, children youth minister, said: “Quite a few people try and give us money. It’s nice to be able to give and it’s a lovely feeling to give and share.
“I love how individual all the hearts are. People do really rise up to do this and like to give.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary