Hundreds raised for cancer sufferers at Sidmouth coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
Cancer patients are set to benefit from hundreds of pounds thanks to the generosity of those who attended a Macmillan coffee morning in Sidmouth.
A small baking team at Hall and Scott Estate Agents put on a wonderful spread in aid of the cause which supports hundreds of thousands of cancer sufferers and their families across the UK.
Staff and visitors helped to raise £363 at the event which was held as part of the charity’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning drive.
Staff member Charlie Gwillim said: “We were so pleased with the success of our coffee morning. It was very well supported and in fact, people popped in throughout the day to make a contribution and to take-away a cake.”
Hall and Scott are currently looking for a local charity to support for the next 12 months and would welcome recommendations from anyone in the Sidmouth area who could suggest a worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
Email Julia Tuner on Julia@hallandscott.co.uk or send a letter to 113 High Street, Sidmouth, EX10 8LB before October 20 with your recommendation.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again