Hundreds raised in Beer for charity
HUNDREDS of pounds were raised for various charities and organisations last week during a table-top fundraising sale in Beer. The event, which took place in the Mariners Hall last Saturday, was organised by Beer Music for Life members and was the first fu
HUNDREDS of pounds were raised for various charities and organisations last week during a table-top fundraising sale in Beer.
The event, which took place in the Mariners Hall last Saturday, was organised by Beer Music for Life members and was the first fundraising event of the 2009/2010 season.
Despite the stormy weather and gale force winds, up to 200 people turned up to browse the stalls and tuck into delicious bacon butties.
In total 24 stalls were offering a variety of goods and money raised went to several organisations including Beer Scouts and the RNLI, as well as individuals such as Elaine Baker who will be running the London Marathon in April for Juvenile Diabetes Research.
You may also want to watch:
Beer Music for Life members were pleased with the �330 they raised and are preparing for other events such as a quiz night and 'battle of the musicians' competition which are to be held after the New Year.
Annie Boalch, one of the organisers, said: "It was great and there were lots of people- we must have sold about 80 bacon butties. We would like to thank all those who turned out and supported us."
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
This season's Music for Life event, which culminates in a 12-hour concert in July, will raise money for Hospiscare and Devon Air Ambulance.