Hundreds raised in Beer for charity
HUNDREDS of pounds were raised for various charities and organisations last week during a table-top fundraising sale in Beer. The event, which took place in the Mariners Hall last Saturday, was organised by Beer Music for Life members and was the first fu
HUNDREDS of pounds were raised for various charities and organisations last week during a table-top fundraising sale in Beer.
The event, which took place in the Mariners Hall last Saturday, was organised by Beer Music for Life members and was the first fundraising event of the 2009/2010 season.
Despite the stormy weather and gale force winds, up to 200 people turned up to browse the stalls and tuck into delicious bacon butties.
In total 24 stalls were offering a variety of goods and money raised went to several organisations including Beer Scouts and the RNLI, as well as individuals such as Elaine Baker who will be running the London Marathon in April for Juvenile Diabetes Research.
You may also want to watch:
Beer Music for Life members were pleased with the �330 they raised and are preparing for other events such as a quiz night and 'battle of the musicians' competition which are to be held after the New Year.
Annie Boalch, one of the organisers, said: "It was great and there were lots of people- we must have sold about 80 bacon butties. We would like to thank all those who turned out and supported us."
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
This season's Music for Life event, which culminates in a 12-hour concert in July, will raise money for Hospiscare and Devon Air Ambulance.