‘I’m running 50 marathons before I’m 50’
- Credit: Archant
A Tipton St John runner has to tackle 12 marathons in as many months if she is to hit her target of 50 before she is 50.
Jo Earlam has already completed races in France, Barcelona, Rome and New York, all to raise money for dementia charity BRACE.
It became a cause close to her heart after seeing firsthand the effect the illness had on her father and her family – and she is not just limiting herself to regular marathons.
Coming up in June is an ultra-marathon, The Wall, a 69-mile multi-terrain race in Hadrian’s Wall country between Carlisle Castle and Newcastle Gateshead Quayside.
Jo, a runner, blogger and one-time Herald reporter, said: “I’m really looking forward to The Wall event, as it’s a part of the country I don’t know at all and a great individual challenge to include within my overall goal – and, of course, it ticks off two marathons in two days!
You may also want to watch:
“I’m doing it as a solo runner, which is something I would have found daunting a few years ago, but running has given me more confidence to just get out there and go for it.”
Jo ran her first marathon the year she turned 40.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
Running and fundraising helps her stay positive as her father’s condition worsens.
To help Jo reach her £4,000 target, visit www.justgiving.com/Jo-EarlamBRACE.