Iconic campers on offer at new Sidmouth business
- Credit: Archant
Two Salcombe Regis brothers are sharing the vintage styles of an iconic vehicle with holidaymakers in a new business venture.
Greg and Matt Evans bought a classic VW camper – or ‘Dub’ – to explore the South West, but then loved it so much they wanted to give the experience to others.
They started Devon Dubs and now have two of the vans, nicknamed Hector and Molly, that they hire out for road trips, weddings and other events.
“Everyone loves the vans and people always stop to have a look at them,” said Greg.
“It’s amazing that when you park them up how many people walk up to them and have a look inside.”
You may also want to watch:
“They don’t drive like modern day vans, they are quite slow, don’t have power steering, ABS or any air bags but that’s the charm of the VW camper.
“So you just chill out and take your time getting to your destination, enjoying the experience on the way.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Both former Sidmouth College students, Matt, 37, also runs Signs South West from their Salcombe Regis base, while Greg, 38, is a training manager at Thomson Reuters in Exmouth.
To see more on the business, visit www.devon-dubs.co.uk