Iconic campers on offer at new Sidmouth business
- Credit: Archant
Two Salcombe Regis brothers are sharing the vintage styles of an iconic vehicle with holidaymakers in a new business venture.
Greg and Matt Evans bought a classic VW camper – or ‘Dub’ – to explore the South West, but then loved it so much they wanted to give the experience to others.
They started Devon Dubs and now have two of the vans, nicknamed Hector and Molly, that they hire out for road trips, weddings and other events.
“Everyone loves the vans and people always stop to have a look at them,” said Greg.
“It’s amazing that when you park them up how many people walk up to them and have a look inside.”
“They don’t drive like modern day vans, they are quite slow, don’t have power steering, ABS or any air bags but that’s the charm of the VW camper.
“So you just chill out and take your time getting to your destination, enjoying the experience on the way.”
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
Both former Sidmouth College students, Matt, 37, also runs Signs South West from their Salcombe Regis base, while Greg, 38, is a training manager at Thomson Reuters in Exmouth.
To see more on the business, visit www.devon-dubs.co.uk