Icy weather blamed for Sidmouth police call-out surge
ICY weather was blamed for police call-outs in Sidmouth totalling more than 200 last month.
ICY weather was blamed for more than 200 police callouts in Sidmouth last month. Officers attended 244 incidents in November.
Of these, there were three burglaries from dwellings, two violent offences and six instances of criminal damage.
Thirteen thefts were committed. Reported incidents of damage to, and theft from, cars and bikes stacked up at 14.
There were no non-dwelling burglaries reported.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner said: “The number may seem high. We seem to have hit the month of dancing on ice with cars. The vast majority of incidents have been traffic collisions.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live