Icy weather blamed for Sidmouth police call-out surge
ICY weather was blamed for police call-outs in Sidmouth totalling more than 200 last month.
ICY weather was blamed for more than 200 police callouts in Sidmouth last month. Officers attended 244 incidents in November.
Of these, there were three burglaries from dwellings, two violent offences and six instances of criminal damage.
Thirteen thefts were committed. Reported incidents of damage to, and theft from, cars and bikes stacked up at 14.
There were no non-dwelling burglaries reported.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner said: “The number may seem high. We seem to have hit the month of dancing on ice with cars. The vast majority of incidents have been traffic collisions.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future