Icy weather blamed for Sidmouth police call-out surge
ICY weather was blamed for police call-outs in Sidmouth totalling more than 200 last month.
ICY weather was blamed for more than 200 police callouts in Sidmouth last month. Officers attended 244 incidents in November.
Of these, there were three burglaries from dwellings, two violent offences and six instances of criminal damage.
Thirteen thefts were committed. Reported incidents of damage to, and theft from, cars and bikes stacked up at 14.
There were no non-dwelling burglaries reported.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner said: “The number may seem high. We seem to have hit the month of dancing on ice with cars. The vast majority of incidents have been traffic collisions.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary