Icy weather blamed for Sidmouth police call-out surge
ICY weather was blamed for police call-outs in Sidmouth totalling more than 200 last month.
ICY weather was blamed for more than 200 police callouts in Sidmouth last month. Officers attended 244 incidents in November.
Of these, there were three burglaries from dwellings, two violent offences and six instances of criminal damage.
Thirteen thefts were committed. Reported incidents of damage to, and theft from, cars and bikes stacked up at 14.
There were no non-dwelling burglaries reported.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner said: “The number may seem high. We seem to have hit the month of dancing on ice with cars. The vast majority of incidents have been traffic collisions.”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls