Ilsfeld visitors to come to Ottery next month
- Credit: Archant
The group will welcome a party from the German town at the end of September.
Members of Ottery St Mary Twinning Society have enjoyed a busy summer of events ahead of them welcoming visitors to the town.
In September, a group of 32 guests will travel from Ottery’s twin town of Ilsfeld, Germany, and stay from September 30 to October 4.
The visitors will enjoy a formal reception at Otter Nurseries, visit Plymouth and Dartmoor and attend a morning service at the parish church, where the Ilsfeld twinning choir will perform two anthems.
Biannual visits began in 2001 and, to cement their twinning status, a charter was signed in Ottery three years later.
You may also want to watch:
In June, the twinning society celebrated 40 years of international relations with Pont L’Eveque, France, and promoted twinning in Devon at Cranbrook’s summer fair. It also held its annual car treasure hunt in July.
Anyone who is interested in joining the twinning society can email chairman Mark Rix at email@example.com.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity