‘Important opportunity’ to discuss Sidmouth’s future
Vision Group to stage AGM
SIDMOUTH residents will get an opportunity to discuss the town’s destiny at an open meeting next week.
‘THE future of East Devon’ will be debated when the Vision Group for Sidmouth (VGS) stages its annual meeting on Wednesday.
The group’s constitution will also be reviewed during a business meeting from 7pm in the Cellar Bar of Kennaway House when the election of officers will also take place.
An ‘open to all’ presentation will then take place from 7.30pm with guest speakers and district councillors Claire Wright and Roger Giles.
The pair will give a presentation entitled ‘The Future of East Devon, How might East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) planning strategy, the Local Development Framework, change our district and landscape?”
“This is an opportunity for all Sidmouth residents to air their views on the future of town and valley and to decide how best to ensure full social participation in the process of determining the development framework,” said a VGS spokesperson.
- 1 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 2 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 3 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 4 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 5 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 8 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 9 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
Group officers invited representatives from EDDC’s planning department to advise them on the planning process, but none were available to take part, added the spokesperson.
All of Sidmouth’s district councillors have been invited to attend, however, the meeting coincides with a Sidmouth Town Council Planning Committee meeting which means some may not be able to take part.
Refreshments will be available and there will be a raffle. There will also be a display showing the work of the VGS over the past year.