‘Important opportunity’ to discuss Sidmouth’s future
Vision Group to stage AGM
SIDMOUTH residents will get an opportunity to discuss the town’s destiny at an open meeting next week.
‘THE future of East Devon’ will be debated when the Vision Group for Sidmouth (VGS) stages its annual meeting on Wednesday.
The group’s constitution will also be reviewed during a business meeting from 7pm in the Cellar Bar of Kennaway House when the election of officers will also take place.
An ‘open to all’ presentation will then take place from 7.30pm with guest speakers and district councillors Claire Wright and Roger Giles.
You may also want to watch:
The pair will give a presentation entitled ‘The Future of East Devon, How might East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) planning strategy, the Local Development Framework, change our district and landscape?”
“This is an opportunity for all Sidmouth residents to air their views on the future of town and valley and to decide how best to ensure full social participation in the process of determining the development framework,” said a VGS spokesperson.
- 1 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 2 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 3 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
Group officers invited representatives from EDDC’s planning department to advise them on the planning process, but none were available to take part, added the spokesperson.
All of Sidmouth’s district councillors have been invited to attend, however, the meeting coincides with a Sidmouth Town Council Planning Committee meeting which means some may not be able to take part.
Refreshments will be available and there will be a raffle. There will also be a display showing the work of the VGS over the past year.