‘Important opportunity’ to discuss Sidmouth’s future
Vision Group to stage AGM
SIDMOUTH residents will get an opportunity to discuss the town’s destiny at an open meeting next week.
‘THE future of East Devon’ will be debated when the Vision Group for Sidmouth (VGS) stages its annual meeting on Wednesday.
The group’s constitution will also be reviewed during a business meeting from 7pm in the Cellar Bar of Kennaway House when the election of officers will also take place.
An ‘open to all’ presentation will then take place from 7.30pm with guest speakers and district councillors Claire Wright and Roger Giles.
You may also want to watch:
The pair will give a presentation entitled ‘The Future of East Devon, How might East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) planning strategy, the Local Development Framework, change our district and landscape?”
“This is an opportunity for all Sidmouth residents to air their views on the future of town and valley and to decide how best to ensure full social participation in the process of determining the development framework,” said a VGS spokesperson.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Group officers invited representatives from EDDC’s planning department to advise them on the planning process, but none were available to take part, added the spokesperson.
All of Sidmouth’s district councillors have been invited to attend, however, the meeting coincides with a Sidmouth Town Council Planning Committee meeting which means some may not be able to take part.
Refreshments will be available and there will be a raffle. There will also be a display showing the work of the VGS over the past year.