Improving Sidmouth community- have your say.
PEOPLE from Sidmouth and the surrounding areas only have two weeks left to put forward their ideas on how the national government can improve life in their neighbourhood. East Devon District Council is asking for resident s proposals following the introdu
PEOPLE from Sidmouth and the surrounding areas only have two weeks left to put forward their ideas on how the national government can improve life in their neighbourhood.
East Devon District Council is asking for resident's proposals following the introduction of the Sustainable Communities Act.
The aim of the new Act is to divert power and funding from central government and pass it to council's and local people- giving them an opportunity to have a say in improving their communities.
Ideas can range from the economy, social or environmental well-being of the area, or about promoting participation in civic or political activity.
Proposals could be about a wide variety of topics including affordable housing, road traffic, recycling, organic food production, local jobs, community projects, community health or planning policy.
All proposals must be submitted to East Devon District Council by Monday, June 22. The proposals will be put before a panel of local people to be discussed and shortlisted, which will then be sent to the Local Government Association on July 31. The LGA will discuss them with the Secretary of State who has the final say on which proposals will be implemented nationally.
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
- 5 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 6 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 7 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 8 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 9 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
Proposals forms can be found on the council's website www.eastdevon.gov.uk/sustainablecommunitiesact or alternatively phone the Communications Team on (01395) 517569 and ask for a copy to be posted out.