Improving Sidmouth community- have your say.
PEOPLE from Sidmouth and the surrounding areas only have two weeks left to put forward their ideas on how the national government can improve life in their neighbourhood. East Devon District Council is asking for resident s proposals following the introdu
PEOPLE from Sidmouth and the surrounding areas only have two weeks left to put forward their ideas on how the national government can improve life in their neighbourhood.
East Devon District Council is asking for resident's proposals following the introduction of the Sustainable Communities Act.
The aim of the new Act is to divert power and funding from central government and pass it to council's and local people- giving them an opportunity to have a say in improving their communities.
Ideas can range from the economy, social or environmental well-being of the area, or about promoting participation in civic or political activity.
You may also want to watch:
Proposals could be about a wide variety of topics including affordable housing, road traffic, recycling, organic food production, local jobs, community projects, community health or planning policy.
All proposals must be submitted to East Devon District Council by Monday, June 22. The proposals will be put before a panel of local people to be discussed and shortlisted, which will then be sent to the Local Government Association on July 31. The LGA will discuss them with the Secretary of State who has the final say on which proposals will be implemented nationally.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
Proposals forms can be found on the council's website www.eastdevon.gov.uk/sustainablecommunitiesact or alternatively phone the Communications Team on (01395) 517569 and ask for a copy to be posted out.