Woman found after search around Sidmouth
- Credit: Picture: Ian Lange
Sidmouth Lifeboat were called into action after police received reports about a missing woman.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was called out to find a Cranbrook woman after she was reported missing.
Devon and Cornwall Police were called at 9.15am on Tuesday (June 25) following concerns for a woman in her 40s.
Officers were supported by NPAS helicopter and the lifeboat crew to search the Sidmouth area.
A police spokesman said: "Officers subsequently undertook searches of the Sidmouth area supported by the NPAS helicopter and Sidmouth Lifeboat.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was located in Sidmouth at around 10.40am. She was detained under the Mental Health Act and left in the hands of medical professionals."
Sidmouth Lifeboat crew was launched at 10.40am before returning to the station.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out