Woman found after search around Sidmouth
- Credit: Picture: Ian Lange
Sidmouth Lifeboat were called into action after police received reports about a missing woman.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was called out to find a Cranbrook woman after she was reported missing.
Devon and Cornwall Police were called at 9.15am on Tuesday (June 25) following concerns for a woman in her 40s.
Officers were supported by NPAS helicopter and the lifeboat crew to search the Sidmouth area.
A police spokesman said: "Officers subsequently undertook searches of the Sidmouth area supported by the NPAS helicopter and Sidmouth Lifeboat.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was located in Sidmouth at around 10.40am. She was detained under the Mental Health Act and left in the hands of medical professionals."
Sidmouth Lifeboat crew was launched at 10.40am before returning to the station.
- 1 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 4 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 5 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 6 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Town's garden competition effort judged