Woman found after search around Sidmouth
- Credit: Picture: Ian Lange
Sidmouth Lifeboat were called into action after police received reports about a missing woman.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was called out to find a Cranbrook woman after she was reported missing.
Devon and Cornwall Police were called at 9.15am on Tuesday (June 25) following concerns for a woman in her 40s.
Officers were supported by NPAS helicopter and the lifeboat crew to search the Sidmouth area.
A police spokesman said: "Officers subsequently undertook searches of the Sidmouth area supported by the NPAS helicopter and Sidmouth Lifeboat.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was located in Sidmouth at around 10.40am. She was detained under the Mental Health Act and left in the hands of medical professionals."
Sidmouth Lifeboat crew was launched at 10.40am before returning to the station.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council