Increase in buses to Exeter for Beer residents
- Credit: Archant
A new bus service from Beer to Exeter will run six times a day from next month.
First Wessex, which provides services in East Devon and Dorset, says the X52 Jurassic Coaster service will stop off in the village from Sunday, May 8, to September 24.
The service will operate six journeys-a-day, in both directions, from Lyme Regis to the city - Mondays to Fridays - and go via Clyst St Mary, Newton Poppleford, Beer, Seaton and Colyford.
Councillor Maureen Westlake, who has led a campaign to increase bus services in the village, said: “I am delighted that Beer will have a bus service again to last for the summer.
“I hope we can encourage enough people to use this service to make it viable to continue throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also appeal to car users to take the bus and relax and enjoy the views.”
Simon Newport, general manager of First Wessex, said: “We recognise that demand along this section of the Jurassic Coast will increase during the summer months.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
“This level of service reflects what we have provided in the past and offers customers the opportunity to connect to other parts of the Jurassic Coaster network at Lyme Regis or Bridport.
“Service X52 will continue to provide the quickest journeys from East Devon to Exeter and will continue to serve the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.”