Instant success for new Sidmouth pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
A couple who have given a popular Sidmouth pub a tasty Italian flavour are ‘overwhelmed’ by how busy business has been in their opening week.
Taken on by Sarah McCracken and Phil Borrett, The Marine underwent a radical transformation as the pair looked to add an Italian twist to Sidmouth Esplanade.
Although the new-look pub has been operating for only a week, the results have far exceeded the couple’s initial expectations.
Support for the revamp failed to die down since a packed and successful launch evening last week.
Keen residents swarmed to the venue while enjoying their bank holiday weekend and Sarah said she hopes this weekend will see the same level of support.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really thankful,” she said. “Everyone has made us feel welcome. Our launch night was really good – we couldn’t have asked for anything better.
“We would like to thank everyone who helped us with the refurbishment and all of the local support we have been given.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time