Instant success for new Sidmouth pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
A couple who have given a popular Sidmouth pub a tasty Italian flavour are ‘overwhelmed’ by how busy business has been in their opening week.
Taken on by Sarah McCracken and Phil Borrett, The Marine underwent a radical transformation as the pair looked to add an Italian twist to Sidmouth Esplanade.
Although the new-look pub has been operating for only a week, the results have far exceeded the couple’s initial expectations.
Support for the revamp failed to die down since a packed and successful launch evening last week.
Keen residents swarmed to the venue while enjoying their bank holiday weekend and Sarah said she hopes this weekend will see the same level of support.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really thankful,” she said. “Everyone has made us feel welcome. Our launch night was really good – we couldn’t have asked for anything better.
“We would like to thank everyone who helped us with the refurbishment and all of the local support we have been given.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses