Insurance inspector for Sidmouth gains diploma
ONE OF two Cornish Mutual s insurance inspectors for the South West are celebrating after gaining top qualifications in the industry.
ONE OF two Cornish Mutual's insurance inspectors for the South West are celebrating after gaining top qualifications in the industry.
Gary Burgess, 51, who spends a lot of time in Sidmouth, while covering East Devon, Honiton and Dorset, has, with Plymouth colleague Graham Nicholls, received a stamp of approval from the Chartered Insurance Institute by qualifying as chartered insurers and passing the Advanced Diploma (ACII).
Gary, who lives in Talaton, has worked in the insurance industry for 33 years.
He said: "I've always had a commitment to continue expanding my knowledge of the industry alongside my career, so I am delighted to have passed the Advanced Diploma.
You may also want to watch:
"Achieving charted status is also a huge honour and it is really satisfying knowing that we are working towards reaching the top of our profession and can carry the insurance industry's stamp of approval."
Alan Goddard, managing director of Cornish Mutual, said: "We are delighted that both Graham and Gary have achieved chartered status.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 7 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Cornish Mutual fully supports the professional development of its staff and we have a commitment to promoting the highest possible standards across the industry.