Insurance inspector for Sidmouth gains diploma
ONE OF two Cornish Mutual s insurance inspectors for the South West are celebrating after gaining top qualifications in the industry.
ONE OF two Cornish Mutual's insurance inspectors for the South West are celebrating after gaining top qualifications in the industry.
Gary Burgess, 51, who spends a lot of time in Sidmouth, while covering East Devon, Honiton and Dorset, has, with Plymouth colleague Graham Nicholls, received a stamp of approval from the Chartered Insurance Institute by qualifying as chartered insurers and passing the Advanced Diploma (ACII).
Gary, who lives in Talaton, has worked in the insurance industry for 33 years.
He said: "I've always had a commitment to continue expanding my knowledge of the industry alongside my career, so I am delighted to have passed the Advanced Diploma.
"Achieving charted status is also a huge honour and it is really satisfying knowing that we are working towards reaching the top of our profession and can carry the insurance industry's stamp of approval."
Alan Goddard, managing director of Cornish Mutual, said: "We are delighted that both Graham and Gary have achieved chartered status.
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
Cornish Mutual fully supports the professional development of its staff and we have a commitment to promoting the highest possible standards across the industry.