Insurance inspector for Sidmouth gains diploma
ONE OF two Cornish Mutual s insurance inspectors for the South West are celebrating after gaining top qualifications in the industry.
ONE OF two Cornish Mutual's insurance inspectors for the South West are celebrating after gaining top qualifications in the industry.
Gary Burgess, 51, who spends a lot of time in Sidmouth, while covering East Devon, Honiton and Dorset, has, with Plymouth colleague Graham Nicholls, received a stamp of approval from the Chartered Insurance Institute by qualifying as chartered insurers and passing the Advanced Diploma (ACII).
Gary, who lives in Talaton, has worked in the insurance industry for 33 years.
He said: "I've always had a commitment to continue expanding my knowledge of the industry alongside my career, so I am delighted to have passed the Advanced Diploma.
You may also want to watch:
"Achieving charted status is also a huge honour and it is really satisfying knowing that we are working towards reaching the top of our profession and can carry the insurance industry's stamp of approval."
Alan Goddard, managing director of Cornish Mutual, said: "We are delighted that both Graham and Gary have achieved chartered status.
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 5 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
Cornish Mutual fully supports the professional development of its staff and we have a commitment to promoting the highest possible standards across the industry.