International Donkey Week aims
RAISING awareness about Sidmouth s Donkey Sanctuary is the main aim for staff during this year s International Donkey Week. The charity runs the annual special week, which this year begins on Tuesday, May 5, every year for supporters to spend quality time
RAISING awareness about Sidmouth's Donkey Sanctuary is the main aim for staff during this year's International Donkey Week.
The charity runs the annual special week, which this year begins on Tuesday, May 5, every year for supporters to spend quality time with its donkeys.
Sanctuary staff also hope the week will bring the animals to the forefront of people's minds and they are recommending people to visit the donkey haven.
Amanda Gordon, PR Officer for the charity says: "This is our 27th Donkey Week which is a unique holiday for over 300 supporters of our charity, who spend the week visiting our seven farms in Devon and Dorset, where 2,400 of donkeys await their fuss and attention."
You may also want to watch:
The charity has also launched its Sanctuary from Suffering campaign this year, as part of its 40th anniversary celebrations, to highlight the international aspect of its work.
It is encouraging people to find out more by requesting a special campaign pack, and perhaps even hold a fundraising event to help donkeys overseas.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
To find out more, or to receive the special Sanctuary from Suffering campaign pack call (01395) 578222 or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk