Invitation to apply for community cash grants
PUBLISHED: 15:28 30 October 2014
(c) Adam Gault
Sidmouth Town Council has invited voluntary organisations in the parish to apply for grants.
Members will consider applications for the 2015/2016 financial year at a meeting in January.
Grants will only be made to organisations whose applications meet the criteria set out by the council and are approved at that meeting.
Applications for a project must demonstrate that it:
• Promotes the well-being of the people and community;
• Enhances and/or preserves the heritage of the town;
• Contributes to the viability and vitality of the economy;
• Improves the cohesiveness of the community;
• Is inclusive of a wide spectrum of beneficiaries;
• Contributes towards the community’s cultural life;
• Contributes to organisational and/or environmental sustainability.
A dozen Sid Valley causes benefited from the last round of town council grants – a record total of £12,850.
Sidmouth Carnival, Sidmouth Town Band and the Sid Valley Food Bank were among those to receive awards of between £100 and £2,000 when this year’s raft of funding was handed out.
Civic leaders are welcoming bids from any other groups that would like to benefit from their support.
Voluntary organisations who wish to apply for grant assistance in 2015/16 are invited to visit www.sidmouth.gov.uk where application forms are available to download.
Or they can get a form by writing to the town clerk at Sidmouth Town Council, Woolcombe House, Woolcombe Lane, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9BB. The deadline for completed applications is Friday, December 12.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.