Highly acclaimed Irish pipers to perform at Sidholme Hotel, in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Sidholme Hotel will be hosting its own Celtic celebrations for Burn’s Night.
During a weekend, when many people will be celebrating Scottish culture and Burn's Night events, the Sidholme Hotel in Sidmouth will be hosting its own Celtic celebrations.
A local group of 25 Irish pipers, and two internationally acclaimed pipers from Dublin, will be running piping workshops from January 24-26.
The workshops will be enriched by the wealth of experience from its guest tutors namely, Gay McKeon and Padraig McGovern.
Gay McKeon took an interest in uilleann piping in the 1960s, and has since toured and recorded extensively with many renowned Irish piper artists.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "Gay has taught piping for 40 years. His experience will be an asset to the January workshops.
"Similarly, Padraig McGovern is a highly regarded tutor of the Uilleann Pipes and has toured extensively."
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
In addition to the workshops, there will be a concert in the Sidholme Hotel, at 8pm, with all funds raised going towards the music room's new chandeliers.