Internationally famous Irish pipe player at Sidholme Music Room, Sidmouth
- Credit: Megee Associates
Brian McNamara is an accomplished player and is said to have a unique style
The uilleann pipes are a traditional Irish form of the bagpipes, and Brian McNamara is an internationally respected performer and tutor.
And, he will be performing a free concert next Saturday (February 2) from 8pm at the Sidholme Music Room to raise money for the Music Room Restoration Fund.
Brian comes from the musically rich rural region of County Leitrim, which has been prominently associated with the preservation and performance of traditional Irish music. Brian’s style is regarded as unique and has been described as beautifully sweet, articulate, controlled, staccato yet flowing, underpinned by definite phrasing and strong rhythm.
He will be joined by special guests Alan Burton (uilleann pipes, reedmaker, pipemaker), Nick Scott (uilleann pipes) and other local pipers.
You may also want to watch:
Visit christianguild.co.uk/sidholme for more information.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open