Internationally famous Irish pipe player at Sidholme Music Room, Sidmouth
- Credit: Megee Associates
Brian McNamara is an accomplished player and is said to have a unique style
The uilleann pipes are a traditional Irish form of the bagpipes, and Brian McNamara is an internationally respected performer and tutor.
And, he will be performing a free concert next Saturday (February 2) from 8pm at the Sidholme Music Room to raise money for the Music Room Restoration Fund.
Brian comes from the musically rich rural region of County Leitrim, which has been prominently associated with the preservation and performance of traditional Irish music. Brian’s style is regarded as unique and has been described as beautifully sweet, articulate, controlled, staccato yet flowing, underpinned by definite phrasing and strong rhythm.
He will be joined by special guests Alan Burton (uilleann pipes, reedmaker, pipemaker), Nick Scott (uilleann pipes) and other local pipers.
You may also want to watch:
Visit christianguild.co.uk/sidholme for more information.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start