Ironman event in Ottery and other news
The New Life Church in Ottery’s annual Iron Man competition has been arranged for Sunday, July 1.
DANCING: The Finch School of Dancing is putting on a show featuring 150 young dancers from the Ottery St Mary area at Sidmouth Manor Pavilion next month. It is celebrating 28 years of teaching young people with a special show, On the Floor, with children and young adults performing a variety of dance numbers from Tuesday, June 5, to Saturday, June 9. It is the school’s 11th biennial production, with tickets costing �12 for adults, �8 for concessions from the theatre box office on 01395 514413.
IRONMAN: The New Life Church in Ottery’s annual Iron Man competition has been arranged for Sunday, July 1. It takes place in Alfington, and consists of a swim, followed by a run, then a cycle followed by another run and another swim. Organisers say it is hotly contested by men, women and teenagers in the church, but anyone is welcome to enter. There is also a Junior Iron Man event, for seven to 11-year-olds, with a short run-swim-run course. For more information and to enter contact Bruce and Heather Talbot at email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
MARKET: This month’s Sustainable Ottery community market will include a plant sale at the Institute on Saturday, May 26, from 9.30am to 12.30pm. There will also be the usual array of local produce and hand-made goods, with the WI ladies on hand with refreshments and a sale of their own items.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
BOWLING: Ottery St Mary Bowling Club is hosting an open evening on Friday, May 25, from 5.45pm onwards. Anyone interested will be able to try their hand at bowling without charge if they bring flat shoes or trainers, the club will provide all other equipment and refreshments will be available. For more information, or if you want to attend, then contact Gerry Beighton on 01404 814132.