IT hiccup closes Sidmouth bank
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut. An ambiguous sign on the door stated Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed and it listed the nearest branches to the
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut.
An ambiguous sign on the door stated 'Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed' and it listed the nearest branches to the town which were open-Ottery and Honiton.
Sidmouth resident Laura Hunt, a Lloyds TSB customer, told the Herald: "We went to town specifically to get money out but the bank was closed and we couldn't even get money out of the cash point.
"The sign didn't say when the branch would reopen or what had happened. A lot of people couldn't get to Ottery or Honiton if they didn't have transport."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Lloyds TSB said the closure was due to an IT fault within the system and the branch reopened on Monday afternoon with one till working.
When asked about the ambiguity of the sign she said that this type of notice was standard practice but she had suggested signs should be made clearer in future instances.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
She added: "We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience.