IT hiccup closes Sidmouth bank
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut. An ambiguous sign on the door stated Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed and it listed the nearest branches to the
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut.
An ambiguous sign on the door stated 'Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed' and it listed the nearest branches to the town which were open-Ottery and Honiton.
Sidmouth resident Laura Hunt, a Lloyds TSB customer, told the Herald: "We went to town specifically to get money out but the bank was closed and we couldn't even get money out of the cash point.
"The sign didn't say when the branch would reopen or what had happened. A lot of people couldn't get to Ottery or Honiton if they didn't have transport."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Lloyds TSB said the closure was due to an IT fault within the system and the branch reopened on Monday afternoon with one till working.
When asked about the ambiguity of the sign she said that this type of notice was standard practice but she had suggested signs should be made clearer in future instances.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
She added: "We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience.