IT hiccup closes Sidmouth bank
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut. An ambiguous sign on the door stated Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed and it listed the nearest branches to the
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut.
An ambiguous sign on the door stated 'Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed' and it listed the nearest branches to the town which were open-Ottery and Honiton.
Sidmouth resident Laura Hunt, a Lloyds TSB customer, told the Herald: "We went to town specifically to get money out but the bank was closed and we couldn't even get money out of the cash point.
"The sign didn't say when the branch would reopen or what had happened. A lot of people couldn't get to Ottery or Honiton if they didn't have transport."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Lloyds TSB said the closure was due to an IT fault within the system and the branch reopened on Monday afternoon with one till working.
When asked about the ambiguity of the sign she said that this type of notice was standard practice but she had suggested signs should be made clearer in future instances.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
She added: "We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience.