IT hiccup closes Sidmouth bank
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut. An ambiguous sign on the door stated Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed and it listed the nearest branches to the
CONFUSED Lloyds TBS customers visiting its Sidmouth branch last Friday and Monday were surprised to find the bank shut.
An ambiguous sign on the door stated 'Due to an incident this branch is temporarily closed' and it listed the nearest branches to the town which were open-Ottery and Honiton.
Sidmouth resident Laura Hunt, a Lloyds TSB customer, told the Herald: "We went to town specifically to get money out but the bank was closed and we couldn't even get money out of the cash point.
"The sign didn't say when the branch would reopen or what had happened. A lot of people couldn't get to Ottery or Honiton if they didn't have transport."
A spokesperson for Lloyds TSB said the closure was due to an IT fault within the system and the branch reopened on Monday afternoon with one till working.
When asked about the ambiguity of the sign she said that this type of notice was standard practice but she had suggested signs should be made clearer in future instances.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
She added: "We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience.