It’s a fair cop to switch on Christmas lights!
- Credit: FreeFoto.com
Sidmouth is kicking off Christmas in sparkling style as the long arm of the law switches on the festive lights tonight (Friday).
The event is growing in popularity every year, and now it is teaming up with Exmouth the display promises to be better than ever.
The honour of the switch-on will go to PCSO Jay Bowden, who will be pushing the button at 5.30pm.
Town council chairman John Hollick, who selected her, said: “This year, for a change, I wanted to have a local celebrity to turn on the lights – someone from the community who works hard for the town all year round instead of someone from television.”
Bay FM breakfast presenter Stuart ‘Huggy’ Hughes, will be spinning tunes from 4pm, before the Sid Vale Folk Choir gets everyone in the festive spirit from 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas will be swapping his sleigh for the vintage Toast Rack and meeting children at around 5.15pm.
A prize draw will put primary school pupils in with the chance of winning a £100 voucher for Gliddon’s toy shop.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight