It’s not a long way to Tipton to take part in memory walk
- Credit: Archant
The first ever Tipton St John Memory Walk takes place this Sunday to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society
Trek to Tipton this Sunday, September 21, for the launch of the Following Footsteps Memory Walk, in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society.
Organised by fundraiser Jo Earlam, the walk, held on World Dementia Day, starts at 2.30pm and follows a two-and-a-half mile scenic route from Tipton St John.
Part of a nationwide campaign run by the Alzheimer’s Society, the Tipton trails will be marked by a series of fading footprints.
Jo explained the idea came from her dad, who suffers with dementia, and taught her to walk in his footsteps when she was tired.
You may also want to watch:
Jo said: “I hope people will come and do the walk and enjoy it because it is beautiful scenery.”
To donate, go to https://www.justgiving.com/followingfootsteps/.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC