Italian comedy for Beer Film Society and more news
Film lovers will be treated to an Italian comedy to mark the beginning of the Beer Film Society’s Winter Programme. Read this and more.
Beer Cinema: Film lovers will be treated to an Italian comedy to mark the beginning of the Beer Film Society’s Winter Programme.
Loose Cannons, starring Riccardo Scamarcio, is a film about keeping secrets, and family expectations, and will be shown on Monday, January 23, 2012. All winter screenings will be shown on a Monday at Steamers restaurant.
ORDINAND: Beer’s St Michael’s Church is a training church for a woman who has moved to nearby Seaton.
Grandmother Ann Stuckey and her husband Dave, are settling in to their home there. For Ann, who became a part-time ordinand last September, it means she has two churches to train at, St Michael’s and St Gregory’s, Seaton. In this month’s Beer magazine she explains how she is studying theology for ordained ministry in the Church of England.
Ann is a long distance student at Southern Theological and Education Training Scheme and says those attending Beer and Seaton’s churches will help share in her training as she learns.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
She said: “At the onset of God calling me I certainly wondered if I was hearing God correctly… I answered His call and here I am as a second year ordinand on a massive learning curve theologically, practically and spiritually.”
BOATS: Beer Horticultural Society is searching for two disused boats (10 - 12ft) to fill with flowers and place at the entrance to the public car park and at the allotments by Beer Sailing Club. Call Ursula Makepeace 01297 23377 if you can help.