Italian comedy for Beer Film Society and more news
Film lovers will be treated to an Italian comedy to mark the beginning of the Beer Film Society’s Winter Programme. Read this and more.
Beer Cinema: Film lovers will be treated to an Italian comedy to mark the beginning of the Beer Film Society’s Winter Programme.
Loose Cannons, starring Riccardo Scamarcio, is a film about keeping secrets, and family expectations, and will be shown on Monday, January 23, 2012. All winter screenings will be shown on a Monday at Steamers restaurant.
ORDINAND: Beer’s St Michael’s Church is a training church for a woman who has moved to nearby Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
Grandmother Ann Stuckey and her husband Dave, are settling in to their home there. For Ann, who became a part-time ordinand last September, it means she has two churches to train at, St Michael’s and St Gregory’s, Seaton. In this month’s Beer magazine she explains how she is studying theology for ordained ministry in the Church of England.
Ann is a long distance student at Southern Theological and Education Training Scheme and says those attending Beer and Seaton’s churches will help share in her training as she learns.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
She said: “At the onset of God calling me I certainly wondered if I was hearing God correctly… I answered His call and here I am as a second year ordinand on a massive learning curve theologically, practically and spiritually.”
BOATS: Beer Horticultural Society is searching for two disused boats (10 - 12ft) to fill with flowers and place at the entrance to the public car park and at the allotments by Beer Sailing Club. Call Ursula Makepeace 01297 23377 if you can help.