Italian comedy for Beer Film Society and more news
Film lovers will be treated to an Italian comedy to mark the beginning of the Beer Film Society’s Winter Programme. Read this and more.
Beer Cinema: Film lovers will be treated to an Italian comedy to mark the beginning of the Beer Film Society’s Winter Programme.
Loose Cannons, starring Riccardo Scamarcio, is a film about keeping secrets, and family expectations, and will be shown on Monday, January 23, 2012. All winter screenings will be shown on a Monday at Steamers restaurant.
ORDINAND: Beer’s St Michael’s Church is a training church for a woman who has moved to nearby Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
Grandmother Ann Stuckey and her husband Dave, are settling in to their home there. For Ann, who became a part-time ordinand last September, it means she has two churches to train at, St Michael’s and St Gregory’s, Seaton. In this month’s Beer magazine she explains how she is studying theology for ordained ministry in the Church of England.
Ann is a long distance student at Southern Theological and Education Training Scheme and says those attending Beer and Seaton’s churches will help share in her training as she learns.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
She said: “At the onset of God calling me I certainly wondered if I was hearing God correctly… I answered His call and here I am as a second year ordinand on a massive learning curve theologically, practically and spiritually.”
BOATS: Beer Horticultural Society is searching for two disused boats (10 - 12ft) to fill with flowers and place at the entrance to the public car park and at the allotments by Beer Sailing Club. Call Ursula Makepeace 01297 23377 if you can help.