Italian food market planned for Sidmouth and other news
An Italian food market will take place at The Ham, Sidmouth, from April 10 to 14. Read this and more
TREE-MENDOUS HONOUR: Sidmouth Arboretum organisers want to plant six trees to recognise six-time Olympian Mary King.
They hope a small copse at the Salcombe Regis Recreational Field will honour the equestrian ace - who has won three Games medals.
The proposed project was suggested by residents.
Arboretum members have asked Sidmouth Town Council for permission to plant the trees.
You may also want to watch:
The matter will be discussed by civic leaders at a meeting on Monday.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
CAMPAIGN 2012: Sidmouth Primary School hopes to have taken delivery of its first-ever minibus by Easter.
Teachers and students have their fingers crossed the �20,000 vehicle will be benefiting all three sites by Easter.
The year-long bid to bag the bus, led by PTFA members, was the subject of the Sidmouth Herald’s Campaign 2012.
DWELLINGS DECISION: The fate of plans to build 12 homes on land designated for jobs in Sidford will be decided on Tuesday (January 8).
Outline proposals for dwellings at a site in Frys Lane have been recommended for approval by district council officers - despite concerns from representatives and residents.
The blueprints will be discussed at a meeting of the authority’s development management committee at Knowle from 2pm.
SOS: Controversial plans for the future of the Sid Valley will be discussed at a public meeting organised by a campaign group next week.
Save Our Sidmouth (SOS) will stage the event in the council chamber at Knowle at 7.30pm on Monday.
SOS is fighting separate plans for a business park north of Sidford and the redevelopment of Knowle.
ITALIAN MARKET: An Italian food market will take place at The Ham, Sidmouth, from April 10 to 14.
Town councillors granted permission for the event to take place. Organisers, Taste of Italy, have successfully held markets in various towns and cities across the UK.