Italian restaurant near Sidmouth targeted by burglars
- Credit: Archant
Burglars broke into an Italian restaurant and stole alcohol and cash over the weekend.
La Rosetta, in Newton Poppleford High Street, was targeted by thieves sometime between 11.15pm on Saturday and 9.30am on Sunday morning.
It is believed criminals broke in through a window before stealing a number of items, including £30 in cash.
Owner Saul Vicary said it came just two days after he had a crash which saw his car roll over and the vehicle written off. Luckily, Saul only suffered scrapes and bruises.
He added: “I also found out today that I have a water leak at my home – so that was my third thing.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen anything.
“I was just shocked when I discovered I had been burgled. I have had the restaurant for 15 years and nothing like this has happened before. When you have worked so hard and find out people have been in there snooping around, making a mess, it is a bit soul-destroying.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
Anyone who saw or heard anything in the area at the time of the burglary has been asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference CR/053278/17, call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.