Items sought for Salcombe Regis Country Fair
Turn out your loft and sheds to help Salcombe Regis Country Fair planners
THERE is no better time than now for a giant spring clean of sheds, attics and workshops in aid of Sidmouth’s biggest bargain hunt of the year, Salcombe Regis Country Fair.
The fair, on Thursday, June 2, is backing the Herald’s 2011 campaign for Stowford Community Centre and also Sidmouth Rugby Club Junior Section and Sidmouth Voluntary Services.
“Raising funds for these very worthy causes underlines the importance of our appeal for all those surplus or unwanted bits and pieces that may be of use to somebody,” said fair committee chairman Mike Newman this week. “It’s a wonderful opportunity for residents to have a good spring clean.”
Old garden implements, workshop tools, household gadgets, kitchenware, toiletries, childrens’ toys, craft items, pictures, cakes and books galore will all be gratefully received.
You may also want to watch:
The committee will also welcome unwanted gifts and even, surprise, surprise, any spare gold or silver!
Tickets for the Grand Draw, with a �200 first prize, are currently on sale for the fair which, held in the loveliest of church and village settings, has raised well over �50,000 for local charities since it started many years ago.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 8 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
Kindly contact Mr Newman on (01395) 513313 or Robin Laird on (01395) 513948 with items for sale and arrangements if needed for collection.