Items sought for Salcombe Regis Country Fair
Turn out your loft and sheds to help Salcombe Regis Country Fair planners
THERE is no better time than now for a giant spring clean of sheds, attics and workshops in aid of Sidmouth’s biggest bargain hunt of the year, Salcombe Regis Country Fair.
The fair, on Thursday, June 2, is backing the Herald’s 2011 campaign for Stowford Community Centre and also Sidmouth Rugby Club Junior Section and Sidmouth Voluntary Services.
“Raising funds for these very worthy causes underlines the importance of our appeal for all those surplus or unwanted bits and pieces that may be of use to somebody,” said fair committee chairman Mike Newman this week. “It’s a wonderful opportunity for residents to have a good spring clean.”
Old garden implements, workshop tools, household gadgets, kitchenware, toiletries, childrens’ toys, craft items, pictures, cakes and books galore will all be gratefully received.
You may also want to watch:
The committee will also welcome unwanted gifts and even, surprise, surprise, any spare gold or silver!
Tickets for the Grand Draw, with a �200 first prize, are currently on sale for the fair which, held in the loveliest of church and village settings, has raised well over �50,000 for local charities since it started many years ago.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Kindly contact Mr Newman on (01395) 513313 or Robin Laird on (01395) 513948 with items for sale and arrangements if needed for collection.