Items sought for Salcombe Regis Country Fair
Turn out your loft and sheds to help Salcombe Regis Country Fair planners
THERE is no better time than now for a giant spring clean of sheds, attics and workshops in aid of Sidmouth’s biggest bargain hunt of the year, Salcombe Regis Country Fair.
The fair, on Thursday, June 2, is backing the Herald’s 2011 campaign for Stowford Community Centre and also Sidmouth Rugby Club Junior Section and Sidmouth Voluntary Services.
“Raising funds for these very worthy causes underlines the importance of our appeal for all those surplus or unwanted bits and pieces that may be of use to somebody,” said fair committee chairman Mike Newman this week. “It’s a wonderful opportunity for residents to have a good spring clean.”
Old garden implements, workshop tools, household gadgets, kitchenware, toiletries, childrens’ toys, craft items, pictures, cakes and books galore will all be gratefully received.
The committee will also welcome unwanted gifts and even, surprise, surprise, any spare gold or silver!
Tickets for the Grand Draw, with a �200 first prize, are currently on sale for the fair which, held in the loveliest of church and village settings, has raised well over �50,000 for local charities since it started many years ago.
- 1 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 2 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 3 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 4 'Brilliant' 2021 fundraising success for Otter Garden Centre
- 5 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 6 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 7 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 8 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 9 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 10 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory
Kindly contact Mr Newman on (01395) 513313 or Robin Laird on (01395) 513948 with items for sale and arrangements if needed for collection.