Jacqueline brushes up on helping out TIC
- Credit: Archant
A display by a Sidmouth artist at Honiton’s tourist information centre (TIC) is proving to be a big hit and is helping to boost funds to keep the service running.
Jacqueline Steel is supporting Honiton Information Centre through her artwork - with a proportion of the money made from the sale of her paintings going to the hub.
One of her paintings of Sidmouth’s coastline has already been sold – giving a cash boost to help the TIC to continue running the vital service it provides.
“I’m thrilled that the first painting has sold,” said Jacqueline. “I hope we can raise more funds for the TIC with some further sales.”
Jacqueline, who started painting about four years ago, has exhibited her work in London’s Bankside Gallery and has even been invited to showcase her art in Palais Schonborn, Vienna, and Agora Gallery in New York.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Information Centre is based in Lace Walk car park.
For more information about Jacqueline and her artwork, visit www.jacqueline-art.co.uk or pop into Honiton Information Centre to take a look at her paintings.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat