Jake and Connor’s 200 mile run to spark donations for Ottery’s Tar Barrels
- Credit: Archant
A pair of tree surgeons are planning to go the distance, running 200 miles in four days, to raise money for the town’s Tar Barrel committee.
Connor Down and Jake Freeman will have had just three weeks of training when they set off from Ongar, in Essex, on Thursday (August 23). Their aim is to complete the course and arrive back in time for the carnival and Tar Barrel committee’s annual fun day next Sunday (August 26).
The duo have taken part in the event since they were youngsters, alongside friends and family and said they wanted to do their bit to keep the event going.
Guy Paddon, from the Tar Barrels committee, praised the pair for pushing themselves to help the committee in a ‘crucial time’ of fundraising.
He added: “Training is all about conditioning your body to be able to run the distance injury free, what Connor and Jake are doing is insane, it’s a mammoth challenge and total respect to them for attempting it.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.tarbarrels.co.uk to donate.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead