Jammy TV appearance for Devon Air Ambulance
THE familiar red helicopter of Devon Air Ambulance had a special callout recently when it took part in the filming of Saturday s episode of BBC One s comedy, Jam and Jerusalem.
THE familiar red helicopter of Devon Air Ambulance had a special callout recently when it took part in the filming of Saturday's episode of BBC One's comedy, Jam and Jerusalem.
After an altercation with the gearstick on a mobile library van, the van reverses into the home of Sal Vine (Sue Johnston) and Dr James Vine (David Mitchell) get a bump to the head from falling plaster.
Soon on scene are an ambulance and fire engine, swiftly followed by Devon Air Ambulance.
Caroline Creer, fundraising director of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust said: "We were only too delighted to be able to help with filming, on such a popular TV show. It is great publicity for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
"The filming was undertaken out of operational hours, and the BBC reimbursed the service for time and fuel costs, ensuring that none of the money donated by the people of Devon was used in order to take part.
- 1 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 2 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 7 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth