Jammy TV appearance for Devon Air Ambulance
THE familiar red helicopter of Devon Air Ambulance had a special callout recently when it took part in the filming of Saturday s episode of BBC One s comedy, Jam and Jerusalem.
THE familiar red helicopter of Devon Air Ambulance had a special callout recently when it took part in the filming of Saturday's episode of BBC One's comedy, Jam and Jerusalem.
After an altercation with the gearstick on a mobile library van, the van reverses into the home of Sal Vine (Sue Johnston) and Dr James Vine (David Mitchell) get a bump to the head from falling plaster.
Soon on scene are an ambulance and fire engine, swiftly followed by Devon Air Ambulance.
Caroline Creer, fundraising director of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust said: "We were only too delighted to be able to help with filming, on such a popular TV show. It is great publicity for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
"The filming was undertaken out of operational hours, and the BBC reimbursed the service for time and fuel costs, ensuring that none of the money donated by the people of Devon was used in order to take part.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge