Pete Allen Jazz in the Afternoon
- Credit: Archant
Pete Allen’s Dukes of Wellington will be playing in the Music Room at Sidholme Hotel for the Jazz in the Afternoon concert on Sunday, August 25.
Their guest will be the vocalist Hilda Clemas, who is well known in Sidmouth, not only as a performer but also as a frequent member of Pete's audience when she supports her husband, piano-man James.
Hilda has been singing in public since she was sixteen years old, and performs a wide variety of styles, from the folk music of her native Scotland through to English and American ballads and, of course, jazz.
It will be the first time she has sung with Pete in the lovely Music Room with its wonderful acoustics.
With luck, Pete's autobiography may be on sale for the first time on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The performance starts at 3pm and doors will open at 2.30 pm.
Admission will be £13.50.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme