Pete Allen Jazz in the Afternoon
- Credit: Archant
Pete Allen’s Dukes of Wellington will be playing in the Music Room at Sidholme Hotel for the Jazz in the Afternoon concert on Sunday, August 25.
Their guest will be the vocalist Hilda Clemas, who is well known in Sidmouth, not only as a performer but also as a frequent member of Pete's audience when she supports her husband, piano-man James.
Hilda has been singing in public since she was sixteen years old, and performs a wide variety of styles, from the folk music of her native Scotland through to English and American ballads and, of course, jazz.
It will be the first time she has sung with Pete in the lovely Music Room with its wonderful acoustics.
With luck, Pete's autobiography may be on sale for the first time on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The performance starts at 3pm and doors will open at 2.30 pm.
Admission will be £13.50.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb