Jazz man to boost Sidbury church bid
AN old friend of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
AN "old friend" of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
Jazz pianist and singer Pete Churchill will perform his first solo concert in the village since 2005 on Friday, October 9. Proceeds from the evening will go to the St Giles' Window Fund.
Pete, who has played with numerous leading jazz names, has just returned from a tour of France and Italy. His work has taken him as far afield as Finland, Russia and Bulgaria.
Schoolchildren in Sidbury School were thrilled in 2005 when Pete worked with them on an original piece for the St. Giles' Flower Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"It should be a great evening," said organiser Keith Dawson. "Pete has made many friends in Sidbury over the years so demand for tickets should be high."
Tickets for Pete's Sidbury Piano Bar, in the Village Hall on October 9, go on sale on Monday and will be available from Drews of Sidbury and Sidmouth's Paragon Books.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again