Jazz man to boost Sidbury church bid
AN old friend of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
AN "old friend" of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
Jazz pianist and singer Pete Churchill will perform his first solo concert in the village since 2005 on Friday, October 9. Proceeds from the evening will go to the St Giles' Window Fund.
Pete, who has played with numerous leading jazz names, has just returned from a tour of France and Italy. His work has taken him as far afield as Finland, Russia and Bulgaria.
Schoolchildren in Sidbury School were thrilled in 2005 when Pete worked with them on an original piece for the St. Giles' Flower Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"It should be a great evening," said organiser Keith Dawson. "Pete has made many friends in Sidbury over the years so demand for tickets should be high."
Tickets for Pete's Sidbury Piano Bar, in the Village Hall on October 9, go on sale on Monday and will be available from Drews of Sidbury and Sidmouth's Paragon Books.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary