Jazz picnic lined up for Ottery St Mary and other news
The 2012 Jazz Picnic at Cadhay will take place on Thursday. Read this and more.
TEA PARTY: To help continue the celebrations of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Brian and Wendy Cammack have arranged for a tea party at Ottery St Mary parish Church on Sunday, June 17, starting at 3pm.
BISHOP BOB: The King’s School in Ottery is hosting an evening with the Bishop of Crediton, Bob Evens, on Monday, July 16. Anyone is invited to attend and hear the Bishop’s thoughts on scripture, join in hymns, Taize, Iona and contemporary songs.
You may also want to watch:
THANK YOU: Following the funeral of Dorothy Sharpter last month in Harpford, �300 was donated to the Coleridge Medical Centre. And they have announced they have been able to use the money to buy 15 blood pressure monitors to use at home. Mrs Sharpter’s family would like to thank everyone who gave money to the fund in Dorothy’s memory.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
CONCERT: To help celebrate 30 years of Hospiscare there will be a special concert at Ottery Parish Church on Saturday, June 16. The well-known Budleigh Voice Choir will be singing a variety of much-loved songs, and tickets are on sale, priced at �6. They are available form the Hospiscare shop on Mill Street, or from the Tourist Information Centre.
JAZZ PICNIC: The 2012 Jazz Picnic at Cadhay will take place on Thursday from 4pm, with live music from the City Steam Jazz Band. Tickets cost �6 for adults including a garden visit, family tickets �12, with profits towards Ottery St Mary carnival.
DANCING: Ottery’s Finch School of Dancing is celebrating 28 years of teaching young people to dance with a special show, at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion, starting on Tuesday. The show, which features 150 youngsters, runs to Saturday, June 9. For tickets call the box office on 01395 514413.