Jazz picnic set for Ottery and other news
The 2012 Jazz Picnic at Cadhay will take place on Thursday, June 7. Read this and more.
JAZZ PICNIC: The 2012 Jazz Picnic at Cadhay will take place on Thursday, June 7, with live music from the City Steam Jazz Band. Gates open at 4pm for a garden visit ahead of the music, and patrons are allowed to bring their own picnic. Tickets cost �56 for adults including the garden visit, and family tickets are priced at �12, available from Ottery Tourist information Centre, Stagestruck, or by calling 01404 811299. The profits from the event go towards Ottery St Mary carnival.
CURRY: To raise money for Escot Church Funds there will be a curry night at Gosford Pines in Friday, May 25 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �12.50 including a first drink, and there will be quizzes and a raffle. Contact Eve and Keith Townsend on 01404 812604, or Judy Davis on 01404 812739 for tickets and information.
GARDENING TRIP: Ottery St Mary Gardening Club have organised a trip to Forde Abbey and Gardens on Tuesday, May 29. Leaving at 9.30am and returning at 4.30pm from the Land of Canaan, tickets cost �14, and include entry to both the house and gardens. For more information and tickets contact Joan Dalton on 01404 815082.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 3 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 Property of the Week: Heaven's Gate, Ottery St Mary
- 7 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Sidmouth seniors avoid whitewash, Legg leads way on Friday
QUIZ: To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee there will be a quiz in West Hill where each round will focus on a different decade of her sixty-year reign. It takes place on Sunday, June 3 in West Hill Village Hall, with teams of six. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start, and tickets cost �7, to include a ploughman’s supper and a drink. They are available from West Hill Post Office, Ottery Tourist Information Centre, or by contacting Sylvia Gehring on 01404 813560 before May 30. All proceeds will go the village hall fund.
MUSICAL: The New Ottregians say its musical ‘Me and My Girl’ is taking shape, with auditions now complete and rehearsals under way, with organisers promising some new faces, as well as regulars in the cast. The production will take place at The King’s School in late July.
PLANNING: An application has been submitted to create a new detached dwelling and garage at land at Broad Hayes on Toadpit Lane in West Hill.