Jazz picnic set for Ottery and other news
The 2012 Jazz Picnic at Cadhay will take place on Thursday, June 7. Read this and more.
JAZZ PICNIC: The 2012 Jazz Picnic at Cadhay will take place on Thursday, June 7, with live music from the City Steam Jazz Band. Gates open at 4pm for a garden visit ahead of the music, and patrons are allowed to bring their own picnic. Tickets cost �56 for adults including the garden visit, and family tickets are priced at �12, available from Ottery Tourist information Centre, Stagestruck, or by calling 01404 811299. The profits from the event go towards Ottery St Mary carnival.
CURRY: To raise money for Escot Church Funds there will be a curry night at Gosford Pines in Friday, May 25 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �12.50 including a first drink, and there will be quizzes and a raffle. Contact Eve and Keith Townsend on 01404 812604, or Judy Davis on 01404 812739 for tickets and information.
You may also want to watch:
GARDENING TRIP: Ottery St Mary Gardening Club have organised a trip to Forde Abbey and Gardens on Tuesday, May 29. Leaving at 9.30am and returning at 4.30pm from the Land of Canaan, tickets cost �14, and include entry to both the house and gardens. For more information and tickets contact Joan Dalton on 01404 815082.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
QUIZ: To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee there will be a quiz in West Hill where each round will focus on a different decade of her sixty-year reign. It takes place on Sunday, June 3 in West Hill Village Hall, with teams of six. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start, and tickets cost �7, to include a ploughman’s supper and a drink. They are available from West Hill Post Office, Ottery Tourist Information Centre, or by contacting Sylvia Gehring on 01404 813560 before May 30. All proceeds will go the village hall fund.
MUSICAL: The New Ottregians say its musical ‘Me and My Girl’ is taking shape, with auditions now complete and rehearsals under way, with organisers promising some new faces, as well as regulars in the cast. The production will take place at The King’s School in late July.
PLANNING: An application has been submitted to create a new detached dwelling and garage at land at Broad Hayes on Toadpit Lane in West Hill.