Jean retires from Otter Garden Centre after 25 years of service
- Credit: Archant
A familiar face to customers at Otter Garden Centre has closed her till for the last time after 25 years of service.
Jean Carter received a send off to remember from colleagues as she retired from the restaurant team at the company’s annual Otter social last month.
Jean, 78, joined the company in 1992 after being made redundant from Express Dairy in Honiton.
The Luppitt resident said a lot has changed over her time at the centre, including the increase in size at the restaurant both in terms of staff and customer numbers.
She added: “You get to know so many people, that’s what I miss about it, having the chats with people who you get to know.
You may also want to watch:
“At the moment I am funding plenty to do, doing housework and then I hope to get out in the summer.”
To mark her retirement she was presented with a bouquet and gift vouchers.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank