Jean retires from Otter Garden Centre after 25 years of service
- Credit: Archant
A familiar face to customers at Otter Garden Centre has closed her till for the last time after 25 years of service.
Jean Carter received a send off to remember from colleagues as she retired from the restaurant team at the company’s annual Otter social last month.
Jean, 78, joined the company in 1992 after being made redundant from Express Dairy in Honiton.
The Luppitt resident said a lot has changed over her time at the centre, including the increase in size at the restaurant both in terms of staff and customer numbers.
She added: “You get to know so many people, that’s what I miss about it, having the chats with people who you get to know.
You may also want to watch:
“At the moment I am funding plenty to do, doing housework and then I hope to get out in the summer.”
To mark her retirement she was presented with a bouquet and gift vouchers.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge