Jeremy Vine visit goes down a storm with listeners at Meet the Author talk
- Credit: Archant
Delighted crowds enjoyed an evening with television and radio presenter Jeremy Vine as part of Kennaway House’s Meet the Author series.
The Radio 2 presenter has released his latest book, What I Learnt, to a full audience last Thursday.
Nicki Darwin, manager of Kennaway House, said: “He was really wonderful in every way. His love of Sidmouth really shows in his enthusiasm for the area; there was no hesitation for him coming here.”
The rest of the Meet the Author programme will continue this autumn, starting with Patrick Gale on September 13.
Joanna Trollope and adventurer Sir David Hempleton-Adams are also on the line-up, visiting Kennaway House on October 1 and November 8 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets bought for Joanna Trollope’s original talk in March will be valid for the new date.
All talks will start at 7.30pm and cost £13, which includes a glass of wine.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead