School presentation evening celebrates students’ sporting success
- Credit: Archant
A five-time Olympian was in attendance as students’ sporting achievements were celebrated.
The King’s School, in Ottery St Mary, held its annual sports presentation evening on Thursday, October 4, to celebrate the accomplishments of more than 60 students.
There was also recognition for the most improved students and the work of the sports leaders.
The school welcomed back five-time Olympian and former student Jo Pavey, who was there to present student Jasmine Stone a trophy for beating two of Pavey’s previous school records.
Explorers Hugo and Ross Turner were also guests at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Their expeditions combine challenging feats with pioneering medical research and they have helped to raise awareness and funds for various charities.
Headteacher Mr Gammon said “I am delighted that the school can play its part in encouraging students to be active and committed to being the best they can be in their chosen sporting field.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future