'Job Club' to boost Sidmouth and Ottery unemployed
UNEMPLOYED Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary residents look set to be boosted by a new Job Club scheme.
UNEMPLOYED Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary residents look set to be boosted by a new 'Job Club' scheme.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) members have teamed up with MP Hugo Swire to provide free support and advice on CV writing and interviewing skills to the region's unemployed and put them in touch with prospective employers.
Organisers want both job seekers and businesses looking for staff to contact them.
An EDDC spokesman said: "The Job Club is not a replacement for the Job Centre Plus but will seek to supplement what it offers by providing both one-to-one and group support for those seeking work and, in so doing, enhance the personal skills that are needed to be successful in the current difficult job market.
You may also want to watch:
"Prospective employers will have a point of contact and access to potential candidates completely free of charge."
MP Mr Swire said: "We are facing difficult economic times; many businesses are struggling and local people are losing their jobs. Research shows that the best way to find another job is through friends, family or social networks".
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
To find out more, please e-mail East Devon District Councillors Stephanie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ray Bloxham at email@example.com.