'Job Club' to boost Sidmouth and Ottery unemployed
UNEMPLOYED Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary residents look set to be boosted by a new Job Club scheme.
UNEMPLOYED Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary residents look set to be boosted by a new 'Job Club' scheme.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) members have teamed up with MP Hugo Swire to provide free support and advice on CV writing and interviewing skills to the region's unemployed and put them in touch with prospective employers.
Organisers want both job seekers and businesses looking for staff to contact them.
An EDDC spokesman said: "The Job Club is not a replacement for the Job Centre Plus but will seek to supplement what it offers by providing both one-to-one and group support for those seeking work and, in so doing, enhance the personal skills that are needed to be successful in the current difficult job market.
You may also want to watch:
"Prospective employers will have a point of contact and access to potential candidates completely free of charge."
MP Mr Swire said: "We are facing difficult economic times; many businesses are struggling and local people are losing their jobs. Research shows that the best way to find another job is through friends, family or social networks".
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
To find out more, please e-mail East Devon District Councillors Stephanie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ray Bloxham at email@example.com.