Join Bev’s bloomers
MORE blooming friends are needed to support Sidmouth in Bloom, says the group s Friends co-ordinator Bev Gale.
MORE blooming friends are needed to support Sidmouth in Bloom, says the group's Friends co-ordinator Bev Gale.
"If anyone in the town has pride in their surroundings, or enjoys the floral displays, then membership of only £10 a year will help with the purchase and upkeep of our floral displays," she said this week.
The next gathering for those who are Friends already, or who want to join, will be at Sidmouth Garden Centre restaurant on Wednesday, May 7, from 3-5pm.
As well as offering 10 per cent discount on plants that day, the centre will give Friends a free pack of plants and a piece of cake to go with a drink in the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Gale, of All Saints Road, is sending reminders to Friends to renew their membership and take along a friend who might want to join.
She said: "It is so important to maintain Sidmouth's high standard, not only for visitors, but also for all the residents."
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Money donated by Friends has helped the group buy 12 new water containing troughs sited around the swimming pool and car parks.
Discount is offered to Friends on production of their membership card. They include 10 per cent off food orders over £10 at the Black Horse Inn and the Bowd, off plants on spends of £20 or more at Sidmouth Garden Centre, and off flowers and plants from The Sidmouth Florist, Church Street, in July and August, five per cent off garden products at Home Hardware and for cut and blow dry appointments at Hair Studio.
This year Paper Moon has come on board, offering 10 per cent off gardener's gifts.
If you wish to join or make a donation, please complete the form on the left and return to Mrs Gale.
Meanwhile, Sidmouth in Bloom committee will hold a coffee morning at St John's Hall on Saturday, May 31, from 10am to noon, and Friends are being asked to make cakes and donate goods for this.