Join in town task force day to spruce up Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being called upon to lend a helping hand to tidy up the town.
The second in a series of town task force days will take place on Wednesday across Sidmouth from 9am.
Sidmouth in Bloom spearheaded a clean-up campaign to ensure the town looks its best before national judges arrive in the summer.
The town council has given its support to boost the group’s chances in the competition.
Christopher Holland, town clerk, said a cherry picker had been round ahead of the clean up to clear the rest of the gutters.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are being asked to give up a small amount of time and are asked to arrive in Market Place from 9am.
Sidmouth in Bloom will allocate jobs in different parts of the town.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Helpers are asked to wear gloves and waterproof gear as well as bring any brooms, garden hoes, kneeling pads, and tools with them.
Future clean-ups will take place on June 27 and July 25.