Join in town task force day to spruce up Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being called upon to lend a helping hand to tidy up the town.
The second in a series of town task force days will take place on Wednesday across Sidmouth from 9am.
Sidmouth in Bloom spearheaded a clean-up campaign to ensure the town looks its best before national judges arrive in the summer.
The town council has given its support to boost the group’s chances in the competition.
Christopher Holland, town clerk, said a cherry picker had been round ahead of the clean up to clear the rest of the gutters.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are being asked to give up a small amount of time and are asked to arrive in Market Place from 9am.
Sidmouth in Bloom will allocate jobs in different parts of the town.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Helpers are asked to wear gloves and waterproof gear as well as bring any brooms, garden hoes, kneeling pads, and tools with them.
Future clean-ups will take place on June 27 and July 25.