Jool Holland steams in for engine launch
- Credit: Archant
Music legend Jools Holland is coming to East Devon to launch a steam engine.
He’s going to Pecorama, in Beer, on Thursday (June 28), at 1.30pm on his way to a concert in Cornwall.
Jools has previously said he loves ‘the clickety-clack of a train on a track’ and has ‘rhythm to spare’ and he is popping into Pecorama on his way to Bands in the Sand at Perranporth Beach in Cornwall, where he has a gig on the evening of June 28.
The new, yet to be named, locomotive, has been refurbished at Pecorama over the last couple of years and will become the eleventh member of the holiday attraction’s fleet, comprising one electric tram, two diesel and eight steam engines.
Having had an interest in locomotives, railways and railway modelling for many years, Jools said: “I am thrilled and excited to be involved with this.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Pecorama are available online at www.pecorama.co.uk.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival