Joy for Mariners Hall
BEER S Mariners Hall has received a cash windfall of �9,000 from funds allocated from the sale of Exeter International Airport. The money from Devon County Council will help pay for improvements at the hall. Both male and female toilets are to be refurbi
BEER'S Mariners Hall has received a cash windfall of �9,000 from funds allocated from the sale of Exeter International Airport.
The money from Devon County Council will help pay for improvements at the hall.
Both male and female toilets are to be refurbished- the total cost of the project is �16,200.
The �9,000 was allocated by Seaton Coastal County Councillor Margaret Rogers from her local projects fund.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Rogers said: "Beer Mariners Hall is a well-used and well-run facility. I was very pleased to be able to support its modest application for funds."
Mike Ransom, treasurer of the Mariners Hall management committee, said: "We are extremely grateful for Councillor Rogers' support in obtaining this grant from Devon County Council.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
"The Mariners Hall is a terrific amenity for Beer but it is a large building and requires considerable upkeep.
"The grant enables us to bring the cloakroom and toilet facilities into the 21st century and will hopefully ensure that we can increase further the utilisation of the hall.