Joy for Mariners Hall
BEER S Mariners Hall has received a cash windfall of �9,000 from funds allocated from the sale of Exeter International Airport. The money from Devon County Council will help pay for improvements at the hall. Both male and female toilets are to be refurbi
BEER'S Mariners Hall has received a cash windfall of �9,000 from funds allocated from the sale of Exeter International Airport.
The money from Devon County Council will help pay for improvements at the hall.
Both male and female toilets are to be refurbished- the total cost of the project is �16,200.
The �9,000 was allocated by Seaton Coastal County Councillor Margaret Rogers from her local projects fund.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Rogers said: "Beer Mariners Hall is a well-used and well-run facility. I was very pleased to be able to support its modest application for funds."
Mike Ransom, treasurer of the Mariners Hall management committee, said: "We are extremely grateful for Councillor Rogers' support in obtaining this grant from Devon County Council.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
"The Mariners Hall is a terrific amenity for Beer but it is a large building and requires considerable upkeep.
"The grant enables us to bring the cloakroom and toilet facilities into the 21st century and will hopefully ensure that we can increase further the utilisation of the hall.