Joy for Mariners Hall
BEER S Mariners Hall has received a cash windfall of �9,000 from funds allocated from the sale of Exeter International Airport. The money from Devon County Council will help pay for improvements at the hall. Both male and female toilets are to be refurbi
BEER'S Mariners Hall has received a cash windfall of �9,000 from funds allocated from the sale of Exeter International Airport.
The money from Devon County Council will help pay for improvements at the hall.
Both male and female toilets are to be refurbished- the total cost of the project is �16,200.
The �9,000 was allocated by Seaton Coastal County Councillor Margaret Rogers from her local projects fund.
Councillor Rogers said: "Beer Mariners Hall is a well-used and well-run facility. I was very pleased to be able to support its modest application for funds."
Mike Ransom, treasurer of the Mariners Hall management committee, said: "We are extremely grateful for Councillor Rogers' support in obtaining this grant from Devon County Council.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 7 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
"The Mariners Hall is a terrific amenity for Beer but it is a large building and requires considerable upkeep.
"The grant enables us to bring the cloakroom and toilet facilities into the 21st century and will hopefully ensure that we can increase further the utilisation of the hall.