Judge sets trial date for men accused of kidnapping
- Credit: Archant
Four defendants, two of whom are from Sidmouth, to stand trial at Exeter Crown Court in January
A judge has set a date for the trial of four men who are accused of kidnapping a man in an East Devon town.
The four defendants, two of whom are from Sidmouth, will all stand trial at Exeter Crown Court on January 30, 2017.
Jamie Channing, aged 27, of Prince Charles Road, Launceston; Troy Coaker, aged 24, of Harbour Road, Seaton: Sean Currie, aged 51, of Fore Street, Sidmouth, and Howard Dwyer, aged 38, of Malvern Road, Sidmouth, are all accused of kidnap.
They are all alleged to have carried away a male against his will at Seaton on July 6, this year.
You may also want to watch:
Channing and Currie also face charges of kidnapping a woman on June 24, this year.
Channing is alleged to have carried out an assault which caused grievous bodily harm the following day.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
At Exeter Crown Court on Tuesday, Judge Geoffrey Mercer, QC, adjourned the case for a pre-trial review in early January and set a timetable for the service of prosecution and defence papers.